Sunday 1 May 2011

My Vintage Wardrobe

Since I started on my quest to find amazing pieces of vintage to make my look more unique and individual to me, I have actually managed to find some really cool stuff. It wasn't easy, of course, I had to rummage through some not very nice stuff as well as weird items and then some absolutely brilliant and hilarious retro outfits, but I persisted and continued on my search. It felt like I was climbing a never ending mountain of clothes. It was tiring, dusty but most importantly It was great fun, I actually enjoyed the challenge. The clothes and the significant old smell all conjure up interesting stories as your mind works in overdrive and then thats it.....you spot that something fabulous!...At last, a sigh of relief, something that looks cool, easy to wear and bang on trend.  
Its a purchase for sure!

I've found myself that something unique that no-one else will have...BINGO!

I was exploring the Vintage Stalls at Portobello Market on Friday and I spied this amazing 60s mini dress. It was £20 but I tried haggling for £15 and in the end the lady sold it to me for it £17. I didn't mind...considering how awesome it is and the bright colours are really on trend. I was sooo excited...and felt like now I had really got the vintage buying bug. I can just imagine a young girl partying the night away on the dance floor wearing this during the 60s. It's in great condition and it fits perfectly, although it is a little short maybe, so I thought about wearing it as a top instead, I tried it out with my long pleated skirt and it completely changed the look. 

Perfect with some wedge sandals for a seventies inspired look. 


Pink and Orange 60s Mini Dress

 Vintage Scarf £3 - Portobello Market


Pink and Orange 60s Mini Dress
Long Pleated Skirt
Brown Wedge Sandals
Big Straw Hat



Brown Wedge Sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment