Tuesday 10 May 2011

Fashion & Style - Daisy Lowe for BIBA


The iconic and popular London fashion brand of the 1960s and 1970s is back. Yes, thats right, BIBA is back on our high streets with Daisy Lowe as the face of the new launch. 


Daisy Lowe said “It was a huge honour to be asked. I’ve been a fan of the brand since I was very young. When I started my modelling career, and when I first started to understand clothes, Biba was one of the first names that cropped up. I’ve always really loved Biba so when I was asked to be part of the campaign I was just ecstatic.”




The first BIBA boutique was opened by Barbara Hulanicki in 1964 in Kensington, London. It was a huge hit with the youths of the 1960s for its sex appeal and edgy style. BIBA was later closed in 1975, and the name was sold, but in 2006 it re-launched as a designer label with Bella Freud at the helm.

Now its back on the high street and exclusive to House of Fraser stores for girls to get a piece of modern history and a chance to step back into some swinging sixties shoes and party the night away. 


Watch the behind the scenes video for an access-all-areas look at the press shoot, featuring the very gorgeous face of Biba; Daisy Lowe.




References: Daily Mail, The Fashion Guide, Fame Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment